Education in the United States is a right provided to every child. A problem arises when children display aggressive behaviors and can be a danger to themselves or others. How should school systems and teachers handle aggressive behavior? Safety is of the utmost importance, and behavior should not be allowed to distract from the education of the other children in the classroom.
Problems with Aggressive Students
Solutions for Aggression
- Disrespect for authority figures
- Physical, cognitive and biochemical disabilities and learning impairments.
2.Embrace special needs students
- Compassion, empathy and understanding are crucial
3. Set high expectations for inclusive classrooms
- Establish authority while projecting consistent fairness
4. Set goals for inclusive classrooms
- Communicate clearly what will be learned, what will be expected, and what students will achieve each day
Aggression in the classroom must be handled with intense teamwork between parents and teachers. Outside of best practices, teachers can also seek certified training and education. The Board Certified Behavior Analysts offers an undergraduate, graduate, and a doctoral level of certification.